Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sven15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2020
Hello,

I'm on the market for a new Macbook pro and could really use some help choosing the right options for me. Here is some background on my work needs. I'm a graphic designer working primarily in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. I'd like to start adding some video and motion graphics into my work with Premier Pro and After Effects and that's where I'm having some trouble choosing what I should upgrade.

After doing some research online about the requirements of each program I think I would like to go with the 16" Macbook Pro with the i7 processor 32 gb or ram (for video editing and motion graphics) and the base AMD Radeon Pro 5300 for graphics. I read that my main design programs (Ai, Id and Ps) aren't heavily reliant on a graphics card so I don't know I need to upgrade to a better graphics card while I'm still learning to incorporate video and motion graphics into my work flow or if that would be overkill with just the i7 processor.

My expectations for a new computer would be to last 4-5 years and grow with me while I add these new skill sets to my tool belt. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.