Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
1) This would require the source code for the game. You better hope it's not written with DirectX.

2) You would need to learn how to program, and understand the fundamentals of programming.

3) You would need to learn the fundamentals of programming on the OS X platform.

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Yeah I sure hope your a programmer if your going to do that :p

Unfortunately its not a case of changing a little thing here and there

buggybear

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
i changed .exe to .pkg and it didn't work...

I tried doing what the last reply said and changed it from .exe to .pkg and i opened it as a package and it launched the pkg opening program and came up with this error message: The Installer package "icytower_install_44" cannot be opened. The Bill of Materials for this package was not found.

any ideas?

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
buggybear said:
I tried doing what the last reply said and changed it from .exe to .pkg and i opened it as a package and it launched the pkg opening program and came up with this error message: The Installer package "icytower_install_44" cannot be opened. The Bill of Materials for this package was not found.

any ideas?

Yes...the post was sarcastic. Read post #2 for your real answer...

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Yep...

buggybear said:

any ideas?

Send me $550. I have a special program that will make it work.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
buggybear said:
there's this really great 2d, simple, small windows game called Icy Tower (download at http://www.freelunchdesign.com/games.shtml). i would really appreciate if someone could show me how to convert it to the mac platform.
Thanks in advance
This will help get you started...

The main page Getting Started With Porting

If you have no idea what we are talking about when we say source code and binary -- then all of this is a pointless exercise (x86 apps don't run on the Mac.)

If you still don't trust us that x86 apps don't run of the Mac -- fill up your unleaded car with diesel, and that's how well a Windows binary runs on the Mac. ;)

To get around this problem use an emulator, like VirtualPC.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
appleretailguy

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggybear

any ideas?

Send me $550. I have a special program that will make it work.

He's lieing! Send me your mac, and i'll fix it for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.