Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kyozo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
Hi, I just registered to this website because i'm experiencing problems with interface highlighting.

I don't know what to do, recently when i hover the cursor above links, icons, literally anything that causes a visual cue when you hover your cursor over it, nothing will happen. So for example if i hover over text the text cursor won't appear. Or if i hover over a tab it wont change colour tone.

I can still click and select but it's really frustrating, especially when on certain websites.

Recently upgraded my ram to 4GB if that helps but this problem surfaced a few days ago. Before if i restarted my computer it would go away for a while but now i'm scared that it's permanent.

I'm on an Apple MacBook 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (13.3-inch) White Unibody.

[Edit - I figured out what the problem was. I recently installed a mouse and it appears as if the software has started to play havoc with the touchpad. I uninstalled it using appzapper and voila everythings back to normal so... be wary of mice!]

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I uninstalled it using appzapper
I'm glad you worked it out!

FYI, in most cases, app removal software like AppZapper doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.