Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quinlisk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2016
I've been jailbreaking my phones for like 6 years now and I have never seen anything like this.
I'm running iOS 9.3.3 on my iPhone 6 and I did the pangu jailbreak recently to get the pokemon go hack.
The jailbreak worked fine and the hack installed but the one feature wasn't working so I tried uninstalling pokemon go and then reinstalled it and did the same with the hack. Then my location services started turning itself off every time I turned it on. So I just said screw it and restored my phone back to before I jailbroke it. Problem is, the jailbreak didn't go away and cydia stopped working and would crash on launch. I even tried erasing the entire phone through the settings and that didn't get rid of it. Same with a factory reset and connecting in recovery mode.

I did some research and apparently you have to use Cydia Eraser to get rid of it. Soooo I re-jailbroke my phone and cydia launched but, of course, its completely empty. There are no packaged installed and all sources fail to load.

I get this screen on launch and when I hit refresh:

I tried closing cydia and restarting, doing a hard reboot and rejailbreaking again but nothing is working. To make things worse, Pokemon Go apparently has a jailbreak detection and the game makes it so no pokemon show up if you're jailbroken.

I get this is what I get for trying to cheat... :mad:

PLEASE HELP!!!!

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
You've already tried putting the phone in DFU, connecting to iTunes and restoring to new without using a backup? I mean like totally clean to 9.3.4..... Then back to 3.3

quinlisk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2016
You've already tried putting the phone in DFU, connecting to iTunes and restoring to new without using a backup? I mean like totally clean to 9.3.4..... Then back to 3.3

I restored without using a back up and set it up as new iPhone, twice. Erased all settings first the second time. I never tried updating to 9.3.4 but I don't see that making much of a difference. Do you?

Reactions: StarkCity

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Doing an erase all content and settings on the phone settings itself is NOT restoring. Restoring is plugging it to itunes on the computer and hitting restore.
If you messed it up with doing an erase all on a JB device then you need to restore to fix the problem.
Not really sure if ios 9.3.3 is still signed.

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
I restored without using a back up and set it up as new iPhone, twice. Erased all settings first the second time. I never tried updating to 9.3.4 but I don't see that making much of a difference. Do you?

As far as trying 'everything' goes, yes I think a clean DFU restore and letting iTunes instal 9.3.4 ( set up as new ) will result in the phone working. I don't want to be responsible for you moving to 9.3.4 and not being able to go back. But given the stuff I read here the 9.3.3 JB is messing with a lot of people in one way or another. I'm so glad I'm still on 9.0.2

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You made a very wise choice to stay on JB 9.0.2 instead of jumping into this semi untethered JB ;)
Tell me about it! :(

People bitched about BLoD when the 9.0.2 jailbreak was released but I've personally never seen so many issues cropping up as this current jailbreak.

No offense to my friends who are using this jailbreak without problems, either because of circumstance or choice, but I just don't feel it.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I've been jailbreaking my phones for like 6 years now and I have never seen anything like this.
I'm running iOS 9.3.3 on my iPhone 6 and I did the pangu jailbreak recently to get the pokemon go hack.
The jailbreak worked fine and the hack installed but the one feature wasn't working so I tried uninstalling pokemon go and then reinstalled it and did the same with the hack. Then my location services started turning itself off every time I turned it on. So I just said screw it and restored my phone back to before I jailbroke it. Problem is, the jailbreak didn't go away and cydia stopped working and would crash on launch. I even tried erasing the entire phone through the settings and that didn't get rid of it. Same with a factory reset and connecting in recovery mode.

I did some research and apparently you have to use Cydia Eraser to get rid of it. Soooo I re-jailbroke my phone and cydia launched but, of course, its completely empty. There are no packaged installed and all sources fail to load.

I tried closing cydia and restarting, doing a hard reboot and rejailbreaking again but nothing is working. To make things worse, Pokemon Go apparently has a jailbreak detection and the game makes it so no pokemon show up if you're jailbroken.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
You have to do a restore in iTunes to remove the jailbreak. And if cydia somehow comes back, you need to set up the device as new and not restore from a backup
[doublepost=1471714399][/doublepost]

People bitched about BLoD when the 9.0.2 jailbreak was released but I've personally never seen so many issues cropping up as this current jailbreak.

No offense to my friends who are using this jailbreak without problems, either because of circumstance or choice, but I just don't feel it.

Fortunately, no problems for me. I wonder if it's because I always restore and set up as a new device every time I jailbreak

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Fortunately, no problems for me. I wonder if it's because I always restore and set up as a new device every time I jailbreak

Could be that or maybe people updated OTA to 9.3.3 or updated to 9.3.3 instead of restoring with itunes and that is causing it to be so unstable.
Or bad hacks/packages installed from cydia that cause it to permanently damage the JB and need a restore?
It seems to be many random issues why this JB stops working for people and not something that you can pinpoint currently.
Hope they figure it out.

Reactions: eyoungren

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California

The amount of threads involving disasters caused by this JB are crazy...... Everyday I'm reading about some new wild problems. True there are some that are having good luck, but I've never seen a JB be so inconsistent. The good old days are gone.....

quinlisk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2016
At this point all I want is a phone that isn't jailbroken so I can play Pokemon. Idc if I can't jailbreak it.

@darricksailo I did restore it in iTunes and restored it as a new phone. Cydia is still there. I've restored it in every way possible.

I need to fix Cydia so I can use Cydia eraser. Does anyone have any ideas?
The amount of threads involving disasters caused by this JB are crazy...... Everyday I'm reading about some new wild problems. True there are some that are having good luck, but I've never seen a JB be so inconsistent. The good old days are gone.....

For real. I remember when blackrain where all you had to do was plug your phone in and click jailbreak and it was done. I need that again lol

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Honestly maybe i'm very lucky, but I installed the 9,3,3 jailbreak on my iPhone and on my 2 iPads and none of them have any problem. My phone was updated OTA to 9.3.3 and both my iPad was restored on 9.3.3. All my current device work with a previous back up, I don't set them as new device before jailbreak.

I don't have many tweak installed. I think maybe its the problem. I jailbreak just for a couple of tweaks and that's it. When it works, I try to stay it that way as long as possible. I'm not the type of guy who wants to install many tweak just for the trip to play with it and have something new and take a chance to mess up my jailbreak.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At this point all I want is a phone that isn't jailbroken so I can play Pokemon. Idc if I can't jailbreak it.

@darricksailo I did restore it in iTunes and restored it as a new phone. Cydia is still there. I've restored it in every way possible.

You did not restore the phone and setup as new cause cydia would not be there.
Listen, most of us here been into this thing for way too long to play games with newbies that claim nonsense like you did above.
If you restored the device by plugging into itunes and hitting restore 10000% cydia will not be there.
If you want help we can help you but if you start lying and making things up we wont even bother responding to you again.
Get it?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

After restoring using iTunes and setting up as new when prompted, do not restore from your backup at all. Cydia will not be there after a clean restore and setting up as new when prompted

Reactions: Applejuiced

Epic_Landing

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2018
You did not restore the phone and setup as new cause cydia would not be there.
Listen, most of us here been into this thing for way too long to play games with newbies that claim nonsense like you did above.
If you restored the device by plugging into itunes and hitting restore 10000% cydia will not be there.
If you want help we can help you but if you start lying and making things up we wont even bother responding to you again.
Get it?

sorry to disappoint you, but i'm having the same problem and just reset my device and did setup as new phone and cydia was still there. are there any solutions to this problem?

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Well, all clear now....you did not restore your iPhone with iTunes, since you are still on 11.3.1. You need to do a DFU restore to the latest IOS signed by Apple and those are at the moment 11.4 and 11.4.1.
After restore you will setup your phone as new. That is the only right way to get rid of jailbreak and Cydia.

Epic_Landing

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2018
welp. its gone. now nothing i try is letting me downgrade back 11.3.1. but whatever. ill just buy an android for my next phone when i feel like upgrading.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
welp. its gone. now nothing i try is letting me downgrade back 11.3.1. but whatever. ill just buy an android for my next phone when i feel like upgrading.

By curiosity, what tweak or option do you really need at a point you want to switch to an other OS?

Alam236

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2018

PLEASE HELP!!!!
[doublepost=1545144110][/doublepost]I read Your problem today because I Am also in need of some help

First You need to search in safari for panda helper

Then you Need a zip viewers from AppStore

Afterwards Open panda helper and search for ifile,download and install it
[doublepost=1545144176][/doublepost]You can download regular version of Panda helper

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.