Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
There isn't really a way of doing that. One thing you could try though is adjusting the eq to possibly take out some sounds you don't want. There may be another method that could help slightly but other than that, there's no software that can just take out sounds, you would need everything in different tracks.

If you're looking for instrumentals or just the vocals for a song though, you could try a p2p program and just search for ________ accapella or instrumental. That works for most popular songs.

count chocula

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
killuminati said:
There isn't really a way of doing that. One thing you could try though is adjusting the eq to possibly take out some sounds you don't want. There may be another method that could help slightly but other than that, there's no software that can just take out sounds, you would need everything in different tracks.

If you're looking for instrumentals or just the vocals for a song though, you could try a p2p program and just search for ________ accapella or instrumental. That works for most popular songs.
thanks, i have tried looking for accapellas and instrumentals, with mild success.

allan_zip

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2005
Belfast, N. Ireland
You could try the voxreducer AU plug-in
http://www.macmusic.org/software/version.php/lang/en/id/6407/
I've never tried it. Be interesting to hear if you have any success with it.

There is another method i read about quite a while ago that works with limited success, i can't quite remember the ins and outs of it all but i think it amounts to this: you need to pick a track that has the vocals dead in the centre, invert the phase of one of the channels in the stereo file then export the track as as a mono file (I can't remember at this stage if you priviledge a percentage of one channel over the other in export). The information dead in the centre should be reduced by phase cancellation; I think :confused: Something like that, i'm sure i read it on this forum so you could have a dig around in the search function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.