Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
hey - just covnerted to apple from a real crap vaio - so slow and crashed every time i opened explorer- so annoying!
anyway just a cuple of things buggin me on here. first, i have this programme that opens every time i turn on my ibook [its a printer programme] - how do i stop it opening? i know it sounds silly but its annoying having to close it then removing it from the dock.

second, in apple works word processing, i set the default font to 'New York' and to be size 10, but each time i reopen word processing, its on size 12 and is the wrong font style. wats wrong? am i changing it right [if u cud quickly tell me how i should be doing it to see if im right].

thanks guyz&gurlz!

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
john_satc said:
hey - just covnerted to apple from a real crap vaio - so slow and crashed every time i opened explorer- so annoying!
anyway just a cuple of things buggin me on here. first, i have this programme that opens every time i turn on my ibook [its a printer programme] - how do i stop it opening? i know it sounds silly but its annoying having to close it then removing it from the dock.

second, in apple works word processing, i set the default font to 'New York' and to be size 10, but each time i reopen word processing, its on size 12 and is the wrong font style. wats wrong? am i changing it right [if u cud quickly tell me how i should be doing it to see if im right].

thanks guyz&gurlz!
I can help with issue #1. Check your Startup Items - these can be found in the Accounts pane of System Preferences. The offending application should be listed there - just give it the heave-ho, and it won't start automatically anymore (unless some other component of the printer software you're using automatically puts it back).

I don't use AppleWorks, so I can't help with issue #2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.