Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dapenguin64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
it is really wierd. whenever i try to play game demos for mac (and yes they are compatible for my mac) the icon just bounces on my dock like 3 times and then it just disipears. HELP ME PLEASE

phanboyjohn

macrumors member
May 18, 2007
We're going to need a little more before we can make an educated reply. Is the exact same thing happening with every game? Have you tried restarting? If many applications are doing this, have you tried reinstalling OSX?

dapenguin64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
well it does it for every single demo i download. it does it when i try to play cod2 single player, (the full game) and i hate it cause i want to know wat games to get. o ya and i have been able to play these games before. it just started to happen like a week ago. it sucks i need help. and is there any other way than to reinstall osx?

phanboyjohn

macrumors member
May 18, 2007
this is very strange behavior--are any of your other applications affected? if they are, it could be the first signs of a hardware issue.

phanboyjohn

macrumors member
May 18, 2007
I'd back up all your data and either bring it in to an Apple Store or call in to Tech Support. It could be a larger issue (with your hard drive, etc.). I'm not an expert, but that's my suggestion.

astewart

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2006
Charlottetown
it is really wierd. whenever i try to play game demos for mac (and yes they are compatible for my mac) the icon just bounces on my dock like 3 times and then it just disipears. HELP ME PLEASE

You can try repairing the permissions using Disk Utility, see if that makes any difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.