Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Canon Rock

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
Hello all, before I ask. I'm going to try not to be an annoying bug who doesn't search for topics. I've done a lot of research before on this, (since like 2nd G iPod jailbreaks) however, because I never have owned an iPod Touch and also the fact that iPods are the most widely hacked mobile device (like literally the device is a database for all these unique apps that are hacked/made etc). I can't keep up with all the facts and explanation. Like for example the PSP is really easy to hack because theres only very few (probaby less then 10 even) ways.

Anyways, I just got an ipod touch 4g. I never owned one and have waited to get a new one (will be getting 5g this fall). My friend who is really generous decided to give me his ipod for free because he lost interest of it since he just got his new smartphone. The thing is already hacked and currently is on version 4.3.2 (8H7) model MC540C and is an 8GB, I don't need to share the serial number do I for hacking? - like to comfirm if it's hackable or not?

Okay, I'm going to reset his ipod but I need to know how to rehack it. He wants me to reset it because he has some personal things and is crappy slow because he did something wrong. First, I'm not sure how to completely reset, do I just use the reset button on itunes? His ipod is also "Fully hacked" I think because I don't have to rehack/teather once its turned off. I tried backing up some apps (I've manually deleted the ones I didn't need) but it kept saying I'm not authorized when my iTunes account is authorized with my computer. Most of his apps are from installous as well.

So my question is, once I reset everything how do I rehack?

Thanks a lot guys,

P.S. Is it better to download apps from installous or apptracker site? Also I noticed there are different versions of the apps, say if I downloaded a 1.00 app then a new one comes out like 1.01 or even 2.00 of the same app, do I need to redownload that paricular app? Lastly, where are the save files for game apps located? I would love to back them up.

Thanks again :cool:

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Just restore it in itunes, you want to set up as new afterwards so it is associated with your itunes account.

When done if you want to jailbreak just use redsn0w.

Canon Rock

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
Just restore it in itunes, you want to set up as new afterwards so it is associated with your itunes account.

When done if you want to jailbreak just use redsn0w.

Thanks but how about the other questions?

Crigger540

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
The Old Dominion
We tend to call it Jailbreaking instead of hacking and we don't discuss Installous on here. As to your other questions just read the forums on this sight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.