Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beakarmela

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Hey. Um, i totally screwed up and accidentally dropped the MacBook power source/charger. And it seems to me that it isn't working anymore, is it really THAT sensitive? The power's stuck to 96%, and its really scaring me because this belongs to my mom's company. Please reply guys. I'm not really tech-savvy so i really, really need your answer. What should I do other than BUY (oh my) a new one? HELP!!:confused::(:confused::confused:

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
What do you mean by 'it's stuck at 96%'? Do you mean that it no longer goes all the way to 100% (fully charged)? If that is the case and the charge % doesn't go down as you use it you should be fine, the charger isn't broken. The maximum charge the battery can take goes down over time as you use it (so full charge <100%).

Now, it the charger suddenly starts heating up alot then you should be worried, charger blocks are pretty solid, and it should take quite a lot of punishment for it to really be busted.

Sage Harupyuia

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2008
Hey. Um, i totally screwed up and accidentally dropped the MacBook power source/charger. And it seems to me that it isn't working anymore, is it really THAT sensitive? The power's stuck to 96%, and its really scaring me because this belongs to my mom's company. Please reply guys. I'm not really tech-savvy so i really, really need your answer. What should I do other than BUY (oh my) a new one? HELP!!:confused::(:confused::confused:

ok, cool down a second, shall we?

1)The Macbook's battery will not charge until it falls below 95%.

2)Plug the MagSafe into the Macbook. Does the green/orange LED on the MagSafe light up? If it does, then im sure the charger is still working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.