Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoreCreation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
i reset my iPads MAC address to 00:00:00:00:00:00 with nvram wifiaddr=00:00:00:00:00:00 because I was evading my dads parental controls however this time I got unluky and changed it to something I can't get out of(00:00:00:00:00:00)
... My iPad is running 8.1.2 and jail broken but it is asking me to connect to iTunes because it says it's not setup(similar to when you enter recovery mode[not dfu] except it comes to the hello screen and THEN it shows the "connect to iTunes " screen... I don't have OpenSSH installed but I do have afc2 and was wondering if u could write a script to change the MAC address on boot up or change it with iexplorer etc since I can't reinstall and rejailbreak (since 8.3 is not jailbreakable and they are not signing 8.1.2 anymore....) anyone have any ideas??? Or even edit a file to change the MAC address PLS I already messed up my iPhone I can't lose my iPad too

Thx

SOLUTION
do what the guy said and then download this Link or from this webpage then open up terminal(which you can do by opening spotlight[the magnifying glass in the top right of the mac]), then type the letters cd then press the spacebar once in the terminal and then drag the folder pylon-client from the iPhoneSSH_USB folder into the terminal window anywhere.once it is dropped it a path( which looks something like /Users/username/Downloads/iPhoneSSH_USB/python-client or similar if its downloaded somewhere else on your computer). click enter and then type python tcprelay.py -t 22:2222 &into the same terminal and leave the terminal open. install a ssh client on mac like yummyftp Download Here and then open it and choose sftp and enter;
server:localhost
user:root
password:alpine(unless you changed yours in mobile terminal in which case whatever password you changed it to)
open up basic settings and chose port 2222
and then type start the connection(don't edit any other settings)

a full tutorial can be found here with all the links included http://www.hackthatphone.com/7x/ssh_usb.shtml but ignore step 3.

then open up another terminal by going to listing at the top and then open in terminal in the yummyftp app and then typing nvram wifiaddr=(desired wifi address here besides 00:00:00:00:00:00 without the brackets) or type nvram -d wifiaddr into the terminal that poped up to change your mac address to a new one or restore to your default mac address

once you are all done either type command-c or control-c(i forgot which) into both terminals and reboot your iOS device and the connect to iTunes should be gone(along with all your apps so you will have to reinstall your apps[but thats way better than losing your jailbreak since you can just reintall you apps from iCloud]) and you are done :D

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
i reset my iPads MAC address to 00:00:00:00:00:00 with nvram wifiaddr=00:00:00:00:00:00 because I was evading my dads parental controls however this time I got unluky and changed it to something I can't get out of(00:00:00:00:00:00)
... My iPad is running 8.1.2 and jail broken but it is asking me to connect to iTunes because it says it's not setup(similar to when you enter recovery mode[not dfu] except it comes to the hello screen and THEN it shows the "connect to iTunes " screen... I don't have OpenSSh installed but I do have afc2 and was wondering if u could write a script to change the MAC address on boot up or change it with iexplorer etc since I can't reinstall and rejailbreak (since 8.3 is not jailbreakable and they are not signing 8.1.2 anymore....) anyone have any ideas??? Or even edit a file to change the MAC address PLS I already messed up my iPhone I can't lose my iPad too

Thx

fortunately, you have afc2 installed so you can access the file system to install OpenSSH

first, download the OpenSSH package: http://apt.saurik.com//debs/openssh_6.7p1-12_iphoneos-arm.deb

open your file system browser program (iFunBox, FileExplorer, etc)

browse to var/root/Media

If you don't already have a Cydia folder there, make a new folder named "Cydia"

Open the Cydia folder and create another folder named "AutoInstall" (capitalization matters)

Open the AutoInstall folder and put the OpenSSH file in there

Next, reboot your device twice. After the 2nd reboot, OpenSSH should be installed. Some people say a respring is necessary for tweaks/apps to start working after installing this way

From here, you can try to SSH into your device. I also think the package files will disappear from the AutoInstall folder after it has been installed

CoreCreation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
THANK YOU i tried it without capitalization and it failed

i am trying it right now i will brb and post an update thanks...

CoreCreation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG i... ****...damn... omg... O.M.G THANKYOU **** YOU DAMN IT THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! ****ING THANK YOU!!!!! DAMMIT IT WORKED!!! ADMIN PLEASE BAN ME CUZ IM SO FRIGGING HAPPY :):):):):):):):):):):):):):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::D:D:D:D damn... sigh... thank you so much i kept trying to ssh after installing(or so i though) opens but i did not capitalize the second capital so it would not install.... THANK YOU SO MUCH... is there a rewards system cuz i will give u all my points!!! thank you :D:):rolleyes::confused::(:eek::):):):):):):D

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG i... ****...damn... omg... O.M.G THANKYOU **** YOU DAMN IT THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! ****ING THANK YOU!!!!! DAMMIT IT WORKED!!! ADMIN PLEASE BAN ME CUZ IM SO FRIGGING HAPPY :):):):):):):):):):):):):):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::D:D:D:D damn... sigh... thank you so much i kept trying to ssh after installing(or so i though) opens but i did not capitalize the second capital so it would not install.... THANK YOU SO MUCH... is there a rewards system cuz i will give u all my points!!! thank you :D:):rolleyes::confused::(:eek::):):):):):):D

awesome! glad it worked

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.