Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickyj182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2002
Morehead, KY
Hi, I have an iMac 500 mhz slot loader, she has Jaguar installed on her and the other day I was starting it up, and it makes it past the load bar and goes to the blue screen showing the loading animation on the cursor, but its freezes there, i can move the mouse but nothing happens! It keeps doing this every time i start up, anyone got any ideas?

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
First, start up from the Jaguar CD and verify/repair the disk, as well as the disk permissions. Also, can you start up in single-user mode from your hard drive? (Hold Command-S as it starts up.) If you can, then do that fsck -y thing (type fsck -y I guess, I don't know more than that, lol).
I think this happened to me once (I think it was because I, erm, deleted or moved something I shouldn't have in an effort to "save disk space," back when I had a 9.5 gig hard drive). I had to reinstall the OS, but if you choose the Archive & Install option, then you won't really lose any files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.