Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did iOS 9.3.2 help you??

• Yes, it made my iDevice better!!

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • NO, it sucks!!!

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

CaedenBell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
Ohio
Just made an Apple Support Discussions account and it wouldn't let me post this so I came here for help.

My mom updated her iPad(Apple iPad MC706LL/A (32GB, Wi-Fi, Black) to the newest version(iOS 9.3.2) and it starting crashing. A lot. Sometimes it's working just fine and the next moment it's giving us a black screen followed by the Apple logo. It's not low on space or very old. We've seen it do this for upwards of about 10 minutes. And apparently the screen touchy thingy doesn't seem to work sometimes too. And it hasn't done any of this before.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I would try a settings>general>reset>reset all settings. That is pretty easy and fast and typically will solve strange issues. You will have to reset your wifi networks back and set your wallpaper but your apps and data will remain intact. If that doesnt help I would restore next using iTunes. Also what iPad is this? The Pro's more specifically the 9.7" ones are having some issues currently and not sure any of this will help with that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What's the point of the poll in relation to the actual specific issue and troubleshooting/resolving it?

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Just made an Apple Support Discussions account and it wouldn't let me post this so I came here for help.

My mom updated her iPad(Apple iPad MC706LL/A (32GB, Wi-Fi, Black) to the newest version(iOS 9.3.2) and it starting crashing. A lot. Sometimes it's working just fine and the next moment it's giving us a black screen followed by the Apple logo. It's not low on space or very old. We've seen it do this for upwards of about 10 minutes. And apparently the screen touchy thingy doesn't seem to work sometimes too. And it hasn't done any of this before.

Somewhere in iOS settings, there is a page that shows Diagnostic and usage data, in it it shows a list of processes that crashed. Look at the entry near the time the screen went black/rebooted.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
There's a lot of buzz on this. Does the error come up when you try to download the new release or a few minutes later or hours after?

Merrily2006

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2006
Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Somewhere in iOS settings, there is a page that shows Diagnostic and usage data, in it it shows a list of processes that crashed. Look at the entry near the time the screen went black/rebooted.
Your lucky it rebooted at all after the 9.3.2 updates. Ours was bricked..and Apple store had to replace it...never came back after the update.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Your lucky it rebooted at all after the 9.3.2 updates. Ours was bricked..and Apple store had to replace it...never came back after the update.
Well, more that you were unlucky (rather them being lucky).

CaedenB

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2016

(I don't know if this is the right account but i'm the owner of the thread.)

The problem is the iPad just keeps crashing and freezing.
[doublepost=1463688946][/doublepost]
There's a lot of buzz on this. Does the error come up when you try to download the new release or a few minutes later or hours after?

Every. Single. Day.

Kitagrl

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2016
Now the update is being prevented from loading on iPads, which evidently is a good thing. I had that happen on my iPhone last year from a new update....it just totally crashed and became useless.

Now my new iPad Pro 9.7 has the reboot glitch but at least I didn't download the new update before they cancelled it.

Reactions: Merrily2006
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.