Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfpami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
I have a two year old ipad 4 running iOS 10.3.3. Last week, the mail app crashed (closed) every time I went to launch it. I restarted the ipad (no change), then deleted and rentered all of the email accounts. It worked for a week, but now the same thing is happening.

Can anyone help me with this, or is this a known bug in iOS 10.3.3? It’s really a problem. Thanks!

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Strange. If resinstallijg helps then there might be an issue with one of the accounts. Restore the device and setup as new.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I had trouble with the mail app during most of iOS 10. Mine didn’t crash but, it would never update unless I’d force quit the app and re-launch it. I would delete mail, close the app and next time I opened mail, the messages would be back in the inbox. It was frustrating and nothing fixed it until iOS 11 came out. Hasn’t happened since. Sometimes bugs can be frustrating. You might try a clean install using iTunes and don’t restore from a backup.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Lots of problems have been documented about Mail in iOS 10. Just do some googling. Update your iPad to the latest iOS 11 and you should be OK.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
iOS 10.x had a lot of issues with Mail app. I remember having to always quit my app a lot to get it to refresh. Crashed on me, I had to turn off the mail on all my accounts and turn them back on and that fixed it. iOS 11 fixed many of those issues but yeah the iPad 4 doesn't do iOS 11 so it may be time to upgrade or use a third-party mail app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.