Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsg1010

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2014
I have had my iPhone 7 Plus for a few months now and never really used it to record videos but I noticed there is a strong hissing/static sound in the background when playing back recorded videos from my iPhone 7 Plus.

Is there any fix or this?
Does Apple repair these iPhones or do they have to swap for a whole new device?

This is so frustrating because I was planning on using my iPhone as my primary camera for video recording which I was planning to do regularly.

Can someone advise if they have had similar issues and what was done to correct the problem?

Thanks

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have had my iPhone 7 Plus for a few months now and never really used it to record videos but I noticed there is a strong hissing/static sound in the background when playing back recorded videos from my iPhone 7 Plus.

This is so frustrating because I was planning on using my iPhone as my primary camera for video recording which I was planning to do regularly.

Can someone advise if they have had similar issues and what was done to correct the problem?

Thanks

It's likely a hardware defect. Make sure iOS is up to date. Also, Apple will just replace your device, they don't repair those issues in store.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

Thanks
Try closing all of your apps before you take the video. Do you still hear it then? I heard some ATT rep telling someone to do that. He said it was taxing the processor and the sound was being picked up by the speaker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.