Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harias79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2022
Hi.
So my phone one morning started searching for signal so I changed the SIM card thinking it was the issue but it persisted the i thought it might of been a iOS bug since I upgraded the software over the air so I proceeded to do and upgrade using iTunes after the process was over now the phone won’t Activate.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
An iPhone doesn’t need a SIM card installed to activate the phone and log into your iCloud account. It can be done over Wi-Fi.

If you can’t connect to your cellular provider, try inserting the SIM card again - or try resetting network settings or contact your cellular provider.

harias79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2022
An iPhone doesn’t need a SIM card installed to activate the phone and log into your iCloud account. It can be done over Wi-Fi.

If you can’t connect to your cellular provider, try inserting the SIM card again - or try resetting network settings or contact your cellular provider.

After I updated using iTunes it won’t activate even over wifi. It just give me an Can’t connect to server error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.