Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr.Scientist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
So I was one of dem stragglers who never upgraded from Snow Leopard. Big daddy Apple offered me a free handout and of course I hopped on it, nomsaiyin? So I opened dat App Store for teh first time and clicked on dat Mavericks. I was like HNNGHHHHHH shi's bout to get real nomsaiyin.

It downloaded within a couple hours. Only deal is that it's been saying 'installing' for more than an hour, and all the programs on my computer that were open have crashed one by one.

Thoughts on this?

Pls halp.

I'll upload a screenshot ASAP.

---

Never mind guys, I got it got nomsaiyin

apollo-13-disappointment-o.gif

Last edited:

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
So I was one of dem stragglers who never upgraded from Snow Leopard. Big daddy Apple offered me a free handout and of course I hopped on it, nomsaiyin? So I opened dat App Store for teh first time and clicked on dat Mavericks. I was like HNNGHHHHHH shi's bout to get real nomsaiyin.

It downloaded within a couple hours. Only deal is that it's been saying 'installing' for more than an hour, and all the programs on my computer that were open have crashed one by one.

Thoughts on this?

Pls halp.

I'll upload a screenshot ASAP.

Gran a USB, copy your install to somewhere for later use. Then creat a USB install drive. Clean install from there.

Before you do that though, grab other USB hard drive then do time machine backup.

Dr.Scientist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Gran a USB, copy your install to somewhere for later use. Then creat a USB install drive. Clean install from there.

Before you do that though, grab other USB hard drive then do time machine backup.

I've only got a 4GB USB, and no DVD. Can I clean install off of a storage device like a phone or something of the sort?

TsunamiTheClown

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
Fiery+Cross+Reef
I would hard boot lik a Baws. Den hard boot again to sho dat mug you ainplayin. Sheeeettt...

After you get dat strait look in to a making a backup like Sakura said and try a fresh install from USB.

Dr.Scientist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
I would hard boot lik a Baws. Den hard boot again to sho dat mug you ainplayin. Sheeeettt...

After you get dat strait look in to a making a backup like Sakura said and try a fresh install from USB.

Hard boot, cuzz? Shii. Dat go hard, but won't that tank all my files? Good night sweet life

Dr.Scientist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Was about to pull the plug on my baby until she came through for me.

Thanks everyone. We did it.

We ****in did it.

----------

You don't have a backup? Always have a backup.

ain't no body got time for dat

lol but srsly...

not even once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.