Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Hi,

I have a 1st generation iPad running iOS 4.3.3. It previously ran iOS 5.1.1 but due to a very high number of crashes and general lag, I managed to downgrade it.

However, after downgrading, I was able to redownload roughly every app I had previously except Pages, Numbers and Keynote. For some reason, I would press install, it asks 'would you like an older version of this app' as usual, I press yes, the app seems to be downloading but then suddenly disappears.

I would appreciate it SO MUCH if some one has a copy of the iWork (most importantly Pages) apps in their iTunes app list/backups. I think Pages 1.0-1.4? will run on iOS 4.

I use my iPad often for schoolwork so I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out!

Thanks.

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Hi,

I have a 1st generation iPad running iOS 4.3.3. It previously ran iOS 5.1.1 but due to a very high number of crashes and general lag, I managed to downgrade it.

However, after downgrading, I was able to redownload roughly every app I had previously except Pages, Numbers and Keynote. For some reason, I would press install, it asks 'would you like an older version of this app' as usual, I press yes, the app seems to be downloading but then suddenly disappears.

I would appreciate it SO MUCH if some one has a copy of the iWork (most importantly Pages) apps in their iTunes app list/backups. I think Pages 1.0-1.4? will run on iOS 4.

I use my iPad often for schoolwork so I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out!

Thanks.

I'd love to help you, but there's no way to use/install IPA archives without knowing password of the account which purchased the apps. (Unless you do a crazy hard-drive serial number spoof and copy other people's authorization token/record over).

You may have better luck jailbreaking and installing them via alternative means.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I'd love to help you, but there's no way to use/install IPA archives without knowing password of the account which purchased the apps. (Unless you do a crazy hard-drive serial number spoof and copy other people's authorization token/record over).

You may have better luck jailbreaking and installing them via alternative means.

I have jailbroken my device and searched for the older IPAs but I could not find any. Also AppSync for iOS 4 does not work. It would be really helpful if someone could lend me their iTunes account for 5 minutes so I can install the apps. But, since this is very unlikely to happen, unfortunately there is nothing else I can do :(

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
I have jailbroken my device and searched for the older IPAs but I could not find any. Also AppSync for iOS 4 does not work. It would be really helpful if someone could lend me their iTunes account for 5 minutes so I can install the apps. But, since this is very unlikely to happen, unfortunately there is nothing else I can do :(

I'll PM you for more information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.