Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedunn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2016
I have an iphone 5c that is jailbroken (I wasn't aware of this).
anyway, I was having some issues with the phone 'searching' for service, so I did a factory reset.
From there I as not able to activate the phone. After trying numerous things, I put the phone into recovery mode, tried to update/restore with no success (now I know why)
Now the phone is stuck in recovery mode. I have attempted to do the dfu mode reset, but it still is in recovery mode.
Can anyone please help, with simple/basic instructions on how/if I can fix it (im not very technology minded!)

Thanks!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I have an iphone 5c that is jailbroken (I wasn't aware of this).
anyway, I was having some issues with the phone 'searching' for service, so I did a factory reset.
From there I as not able to activate the phone. After trying numerous things, I put the phone into recovery mode, tried to update/restore with no success (now I know why)
Now the phone is stuck in recovery mode. I have attempted to do the dfu mode reset, but it still is in recovery mode.
Can anyone please help, with simple/basic instructions on how/if I can fix it (im not very technology minded!)

Thanks!

Make sure you iPhone is plugged into a USB to a computer before you attempt to enter DFU mode

Make sure that computer also has iTunes installed

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.