Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patrick7121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
My jailbroken 4g ipod touch is currently on 4.2.1 firmware and I would like to get it too 4.3.3 firmware. Whenever I try to download and update the firmware with itunes it says the firmware won't work for the requested device or something like that. I also tried restoring but the same error pops up for that. I have the lastest version of Itunes so that isn't a problem. :confused:
I can't seem to download anything on cydia because for some reason the original sources won't work and if I try to add any there are a bunch of errors.
I am trying to upgrade because I read that upgrading may solve that problem.:rolleyes:

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance. :D

Last edited:

DrEnalg

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2011
East Bay, CA
Clear your hosts file?

I found that the hosts file was the problem with me as well, I had this very same issue when trying to restore my 3G Touch.

It took some trial and error but essentially I found that (possibly due to an OSX automatic update, IDK) there were several IP addresses added to the hosts file that were corrupting it. I erased a couple of them and then made sure there were '#' symbols before the ones that remained - with the final IP address, of course, being the Saurik server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.