Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ace08

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I dont know what happened but my safari bookmarks are all gone except for the ones that came originally on my new IPAD3. I had ICLOUD setup before and my iphone5 still has my safari bookmarks. How do I get them back on my IPAD please?

Edit-I fixed this by killing safari and restarting. All my favorites are there!

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
I've had this to me several times on the iPhone. Just the same buggy iOS6 as everything else has been in iOS6.

Madmin1

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
I dont know what happened but my safari bookmarks are all gone except for the ones that came originally on my new IPAD3. I had ICLOUD setup before and my iphone5 still has my safari bookmarks. How do I get them back on my IPAD please?

Edit-I fixed this by killing safari and restarting. All my favorites are there!

Main Power off switch on the iPad3 then power back on just worked for me was bloody frustrated before this this happened after IOS update wish they tell you this before you update at apple

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Main Power off switch on the iPad3 then power back on just worked for me was bloody frustrated before this this happened after IOS update wish they tell you this before you update at apple

It was mentioned before, but the easiest way is to simply exit Safari, remove it from the app bar, then start it again.

Saves a lot of time!

mollychurchill

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2015
You deleted bookmarks from Safari?

They're most likely gone.
You might try going through Safari's history to see if they're there and you can bookmark 'em again, but AFAIK, file recovery tools only work on recovering files deleted from the file system. Unless you explicitly went in and deleted the Safari Bookmarks.plist file, I am not sure how those would be helpful.

Then again, I could be wrong about this.
I do something useful for recovering lost Safari bookmarks from iPad. So I have never encountered this problem personally.

((your results may vary, but it's worked on 5 of my devices including my MacBook))

Last edited:

kamilaquinn

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2015
I also need to better check my script before uploading. Autocorrect can be a bear sometimes. So here it goes again:

Open Safari and click the tab to add a bookmark. Then add the bookmark. All your bookmarks should then appear. You can then delete the temporary bookmark your created to fix it.:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.