Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pablobarros

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2017
Hello everyone, I have a problem that is driving me crazy! My gt7300 is dead, so I bought a PC sapphire radeon hd 5770 vapor-x 1GB gddr5, I read in several forums, especially in netkas, that video card would work without flashing in my MAC (obviously no image during booting) but never gave video signal (dvi port with vga adapter), so I flashed the video car for mac with netkas "make your own ROM way" and now I have video during boot but when finish no video signal (in snow leopard and yosemite is the same, I install yosemite with 32 bits to 64 sfott eomden tiamo's way), when I see the information of my graphic cards in system information the MAC recognize the card perfectly (I saw that with my almost dead gt7300 in 800x600 resolution in pci slot 1 and 5770 slot 2, only for that, the problem I'm talking about obviously is with the 5770 in pci slot 1 and no gt7300)

if anyone has any suggestions for this problem I will be very grateful!!! I am a big fan of your great forum! Ah! And sorry for the bad inglish but I'm from Argentina.

Last edited:

vworks

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2017
I am going to buy also the same card for my 4,1 and I will follow the thread if any answers...
One suggestion, have you updated the firmware from 1,1 to 2,1?

d3vCr0w

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2016
I was also about to purchase one of these, reading at this ebay post: "The gray Apple boot screen can be seen only at the upper DVI output without an adapter.", and "At the lower output (DVI / HDMI / DP), the signal is visible only from desktop / login screen.", so it seems like the card can be flashed, but reading your post... I don't know, how did it end?

Reactions: CapnDavey

CapnDavey

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2015
there were some issues with some 5770's thats why when I did a swap in mine I used a 4870 less issues at least for me

d3vCr0w

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2016
there were some issues with some 5770's thats why when I did a swap in mine I used a 4870 less issues at least for me
Can you flash the 4870? Or do you use it without the boot screen? I have an EVGA GeForce GT 640 2GB but that one can not be flashed and although it works, I can't set any resolution higher than 800x600 in video games which is frustrating. I also haven't been able to install anything newer than Lion on my Mac Pro 1.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.