Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dlacr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2021
Hi, I'd be very thankful If you can help.

I was watching a video when suddenly my macbook air 2017 suddenly restarted. The problem is that it is asking me for the PIN to unblock it, but I dont have a PIN because I didn't block it.
I haven't share my icoud credentials with anyone so I think it's some other issue.
It gets weirder when I log into icloud.com/find because instead of giving me option to "unblock", it gives me the option to block my macbook, but it is already blocked!
Also, it says it's not connected when trying to find it despite the fact that it is connected to my wifi and has battery.

Any idea what it could be?

darkpaw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
London, England
No idea, but I'd change my iCloud password straight away.

Since iCloud.com is letting you block it (even though it's blocked), you might be able to block it, set a new PIN, and then unblock it by entering that new PIN?

Dlacr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2021
No idea, but I'd change my iCloud password straight away.

Since iCloud.com is letting you block it (even though it's blocked), you might be able to block it, set a new PIN, and then unblock it by entering that new PIN?
It crossed my mind, but I chickened out haha. I've changed my passowrd already. Thanks for replying!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.