Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
US
Hello, I just noticed the apple stores has blackbooks (refurbs) for 1,049. I'm interested in this deal but am wondering what the real difference between the new ones with the Penryn and 2gb standard ram are and the "old" ones as of now. I am also wondering how long I could expect either one of them to last? This will be my first mac by the way. Thanks

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Hello, I just noticed the apple stores has blackbooks (refurbs) for 1,049. I'm interested in this deal but am wondering what the real difference between the new ones with the Penryn and 2gb standard ram are and the "old" ones as of now. I am also wondering how long I could expect either one of them to last? This will be my first mac by the way. Thanks

Right now is a great time to buy one of the refurbs. Just get the refurb Blackbook and get a 2GB stick of Kingston from Newegg for $60 and you will have everything the new one has, except the processor, which is minimal, for $1049+60=$1110 vs. New one which is $1499 for almost the same thing, without the prized Apple remote. The remote will run you another $19.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.