Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
I have been doing some research and found a few HD enclosures that will work for what i am doing. I have 2 160GB internal HD's that i want to put in enclosures.

So what i need from you guys/gals is suggestions on which enclosure you like the best.

So here are the contenders:

First is the MASSCOOL FI310

Second is the AMC HD2-U2FW

Third is the SanMax HD-338-CB ABS 94V0

And fourth is the A-Power

Ok now for the reasons i came to these enclosures. The first one i like because it got pretty good reviews, looked nice (not going for somthing fancy), and it does not have the brand name on it from what i can see (not a huge deal but i think it makes the enclosure look better). The second i like because it is small and compact, got good reviews, and again, is pretty simple. The third i like because of the front power switch, looks decent, and the reviews were good (one was from a mac person so i know this one works with mac). The fourth i like because it looks half way decent and has what i am looking for...but i am not really sure of any reviews on this one.

OK so for Pics:

Attachments

• MASSCOOL.jpg
    MASSCOOL.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 94
  • A-Power.jpg
    A-Power.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 94
  • AMC.jpg
    AMC.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 86
  • SanMax.jpg
    SanMax.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 77

Bastich

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
If you're planning on running two of these, you may want to skip the one with only one Firewire port. Then you can daisy-chain and save a port on your machine. Other than that, just make sure you've got an Oxford chipset under the hood.

:cool:

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
OK i have narrowed it down to the Masscool and the AMC.

Does anyone have any experience usuing any of these. I cant find any info on what chipset they use. Might be looking in the wrong place.

Any input would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.