Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Would anyone out there like to help me create a forum just for the sole purpose of just a mac marketplace
i dont really know all the steps in the process of creating one, and i think it would be more fun if two wokreded one it
if any one is insterested post up
also post any other sugestions you have

i would like tosee this created beacause it would be a place for just buying selling and trading your macs, related materials, etc.

cheers
_______

idea_hamster

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2003
NYC, or thereabouts
If you want to do it as a forum (like macrumors.com, say), then it's not tough at all.

Go to A Small Orange or similar high-quality host, purchase your domain name for the year ($10), choose your hosting package (from $30/yr.), log in to cPanel, and use Fantastico to install phpBB2 or SMF forum software (free). You'll be up and running -- and I'm no web guru!

Let us know if you decide to do it -- if you get a critical mass of posters, you'll probably be able to get some ad space going from mac-oriented e-commerce.

Best of luck!

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
idea_hamster said:
If you want to do it as a forum (like macrumors.com, say), then it's not tough at all.

Go to A Small Orange or similar high-quality host, purchase your domain name for the year ($10), choose your hosting package (from $30/yr.), log in to cPanel, and use Fantastico to install phpBB2 or SMF forum software (free). You'll be up and running -- and I'm no web guru!

Let us know if you decide to do it -- if you get a critical mass of posters, you'll probably be able to get some ad space going from mac-oriented e-commerce.

Best of luck!
thank for the input i'll have to try that

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
pulsewidth947 said:
Whats wrong with the Marketplace?
the marketplace here is very good
best out of all the mac forum sites
i just think it would be nice for a place to be a marketplace

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.