Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e5volcano

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Hi all,

I am about to go on a vacation, but I realized that I might need to write some short documents and emails..not too much that I need to bring my computer, so I have decided to bring my iPad Mini 2 Retina along. However to increase productivity, I think I need a keyboard case (I currently use an Apple Leather smart Case)

I have no experience in keyboard cases at all, so please help me find one that meets my needs!

-less than $50
-not too bulky or heavy (I will be carrying it in my backpack while I travel)
-can protect the iPad (I haven't had any issues with my Smart Case so anything as protective as that would work)

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I don't think I've seen a keyboard case yet in that price range (though obviously, I haven't seen them all.) Most of the ones I've seen are around $80 and up. Someone in one of the most recent keyboard case threads posted a less expensive one from Amazon in the last week or two; it might be worth looking through a couple of the threads people recently posted to.

Or alternatively, what about picking up a cheap portable bluetooth keyboard? There are loads of those out there in all price ranges, and your smart cover will double as a stand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.