Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

delordnk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
I am new to restoring custom ipsws and using the keys and stuff. If anyone could help me by telling me the procedure, i would be very thankful. This iOS 9.3.5 is laggy as hell. I would love to get 6.1.3 , but it will remain as my dream because there are no keys for it. I roamed around in theiphonewiki , and i saw that the keys for 8.0.2 is available. I dont know how they are to be used, but if someone helps me, it will be useful for all unfortunate 9.3.5 users who are living their life on hell.

Link : =https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Okemo_12A405_(iPod5,1)

Expecting someone to reply.

drysdalk

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2014
Hi,

Unfortunately, this isn't something you can do. In order to successfully upgrade (or in this case, downgrade) iOS, the software has to be signed for your device by Apple as part of the installation process. And the only version of iOS that Apple will sign for the 5th. generation iPod touch is 9.3.5. So 9.3.5 is the only version of iOS that you can ever install, as things currently stand. I'm not aware of any way around this on the iPod touch 5th. generation, sadly.

There are sometimes for certain devices ways to force a downgrade to go through by using third-party utilities if you've saved what's called the SHSH blobs from your device before updating it from one release of iOS to another. But unless you have the specific binary blobs for your own iPod touch, then you're out of luck here again, since they are unique to each device and the SHSH blobs from someone else's iPod touch won't do anything for yours.

I agree that it would be a far better experience on an older release of iOS - the 5th. gen really does not cope with iOS 9 at all. To be honest, I'd happily downgrade my 5th. gen all the way back down to iOS 6 if I could, since that was the last version of iOS that really ran quickly and smoothly on it. But sadly, if you're already on iOS 9, that's where you're going to be stuck forever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.