Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple all life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Ny
I have been on this ipad board ever since I bought an ipad back in june. I currently have a sleeve and the apple case for my ipad. I truly hate the apple case and never use it. I am looking for a thin case that has a typing position. That is really all I am looking for. I saw the booq case and fell in love with it but I heard it wears easily and is overall not that good of a case. Can anyone help me?

Edit: has anyone ever heard of this case http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/210/sfID2/212/productID/2017 ?

Meever

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
I did a lot of searching and I couldn't find any case quite as form fitting and practical as the Apple case. Why can't some bootleg chinese company just copy the design, add some pockets in the back of the cover and charge 20 bucks for it?! XD

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
I've grown to like the apple case quite a bit and find it very useful if you need to get into a typing position. I think the best attributes of the case are its thin form factor and non-slip feel.

That said however, I just ordered the Yoobao slim case and expect it to replace my apple case.

alan111

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
I did a lot of searching and I couldn't find any case quite as form fitting and practical as the Apple case. Why can't some bootleg chinese company just copy the design, add some pockets in the back of the cover and charge 20 bucks for it?! XD

I could not agree more!!!!!!!!!!

I've grown to like the apple case quite a bit and find it very useful if you need to get into a typing position. I think the best attributes of the case are its thin form factor and non-slip feel.

That said however, I just ordered the Yoobao slim case and expect it to replace my apple case.

I had the Yoobao, and liked it, but quickly returned it as it was quite heavy. Also, it was almost impossible to remove the ipad from the case. Its snapped in very tightly.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
While I agree the Yoobao slim is rather heavy due to the hard cover back, I like the overall functionality of the case and also really like the whole strap and tab that makes for a very secure typing mode. As for the tightness of the corners, I'd rather have the tight fit and open bezel. I use a towel to cushion my thumb when snapping back the corners switching between my brown and black slim cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.