Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fariant Alaska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2022
i just bought ipad mini 6 and a week after i bought apple pen 2.
for the first time i tried to connect to my ipad it was success. and suddenly it wont connect to my ipad.
i try to bring it to apple official store to find any solutions, but they have no answer.

Does anyone having the same problem here?

Last edited:

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
which version of iPadOS are you running? Does the pencil appear in the the list of paired Bluetooth devices? Does is appear under Bluetooth devices but you can’t pair it?

Otherwise - if it was paired and disappeared and doesn’t show up under Bluetooth in any form - try:

• make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPad.
  • make sure your iPad is charged
  • get a piece of wire/single-core cable, ca. 30cm in length
  • wrap the cable around the AP2 starting 4 cm from the tip till 2 cm under the top - basically make sure that it’s wrap closely around for the main, center part of the AP2
  • hold it for about 2 minutes to the AP2 charging area/side of your iPad. If it was paired in the past, it should automatically reconnect. Otherwise it should show up in the list of Bluetooth devices.
  • If the battery of the AP2 was drained, you have to charge he AP2 beforehand by letting it connected on the charging area for e.g. an hour and then try the procedure.
nota bene: use sheathed, unshielded cable like e.g. it is used for bicycle lights, model trains, bread board circuit design; or e.g. sheathed wire used for flower arrangements, etc.

Fariant Alaska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2022
which version of iPadOS are you running? Does the pencil appear in the the list of paired Bluetooth devices? Does is appear under Bluetooth devices but you can’t pair it?

Otherwise - if it was paired and disappeared and doesn’t show up under Bluetooth in any form - try:

• make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPad.
  • make sure your iPad is charged
  • get a piece of wire/single-core cable, ca. 30cm in length
  • wrap the cable around the AP2 starting 4 cm from the tip till 2 cm under the top - basically make sure that it’s wrap closely around for the main, center part of the AP2
  • hold it for about 2 minutes to the AP2 charging area/side of your iPad. If it was paired in the past, it should automatically reconnect. Otherwise it should show up in the list of Bluetooth devices.
  • If the battery of the AP2 was drained, you have to charge he AP2 beforehand by letting it connected on the charging area for e.g. an hour and then try the procedure.
nota bene: use sheathed, unshielded cable like e.g. it is used for bicycle lights, model trains, bread board circuit design; or e.g. sheathed wire used for flower arrangements, etc.
im using 15.7 ipad os version. and when i attached the pen, nothing appear on bluetooth device list.

btw thx for ur advice... i'll try to follow ur step.
hopefully it can solve my problem.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Did the Apple store try connecting your pencil to another iPad to see if that was the pencil versus the iPad? OR try connecting a different pencil with your ipad to find out if the problem is with the ipad or the pencil. I have found Apple store employees to be rather useless but you should still be able to return the pen if it's the pen itself

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205236 is the apple page on connecting apple pencil

Fariant Alaska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2022
Did the Apple store try connecting your pencil to another iPad to see if that was the pencil versus the iPad? OR try connecting a different pencil with your ipad to find out if the problem is with the ipad or the pencil. I have found Apple store employees to be rather useless but you should still be able to return the pen if it's the pen itself

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205236 is the apple page on connecting apple pencil
yup... they tried to connecting my pen to another ipad, and its connected.
i think the problem was in my ipad. either in its software or hardware.
now i try to contact apple support to ask the warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.