Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayahinomoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm having a HUGE problem... i made a restore in my iPad and now it won't activate anymore..
It's keep saying...

HJP4dTl.jpg

There's any way to bypass this activation ??? i already take this to Apple Store, but the genius don't know how to solve and he says i need a new iPad, but it's an iPad 1.... i don't want to pay $249 for another iPad 1... i just want my old iPad working ç-ç

And it was working for 5 years, just stoped after the restore.

dembu19

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2013
Poland
Hey guys,

I'm having a HUGE problem... i made a restore in my iPad and now it won't activate anymore..
It's keep saying...

There's any way to bypass this activation ??? i already take this to Apple Store, but the genius don't know how to solve and he says i need a new iPad, but it's an iPad 1.... i don't want to pay $249 for another iPad 1... i just want my old iPad working ç-ç

And it was working for 5 years, just stoped after the restore.

Which one IOS version did you update to?
Probable the one which is not signed any more. You have to update to the latest one and activate it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
There is no way to bypass activation.
If its a hardware issue and the Apple store cannot fix it either then there's nothing else you can do besides cutting your loses.
Is it possible that this being an iPad 1, the iPad was jailbroken and had a software unlock?

I ask that, because wouldn't a restore create this symptom (because now the software unlock is wiped)?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Is it possible that this being an iPad 1, the iPad was jailbroken and had a software unlock?

I ask that, because wouldn't a restore create this symptom?

Not sure if ultrasnow was compatible with iPads.
Even redsnow that was used to flash the iPad baseband in order to unlock it was for iPhones only.
A dfu restore on an iPad should take care any baseband or firmware issues.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Not sure if ultrasnow was compatible with iPads.
Even redsnow that was used to flash the iPad baseband in order to unlock it was for iPhones only.
A dfu restore on an iPad should take care any baseband or firmware issues.
Thanks. I was just curious. I came in to iPhone/Jailbreaking in Dec. 2011 so I missed all this stuff.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I hear you. It's an odd situation.
Wonder what Apple told him was wrong with it. Maybe a 3rd party repair place could replace the faulty part for cheaper than the replacement fee by Apple.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I hear you. It's an odd situation.
Wonder what Apple told him was wrong with it. Maybe a 3rd party repair place could replace the faulty part for cheaper than the replacement fee by Apple.
Yeah, considering the age of the device that's something I'd totally go with if it was mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.