Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Did you go to Settings-Privacy-HomeKit?

It's weird. My iPad has a HomeKit setting right under news in the settings app. I finally have one now. But here is the new problem.

I set up two products on my phone and one on my iPad. So far they haven't sync over. So I can't see the devices that weren't paired/setup on that device. How do I get HomeKit to sync my devices?

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2007
It's weird. My iPad has a HomeKit setting right under news in the settings app. I finally have one now. But here is the new problem.

I set up two products on my phone and one on my iPad. So far they haven't sync over. So I can't see the devices that weren't paired/setup on that device. How do I get HomeKit to sync my devices?

Try a couple of things: make sure you have Keychain sync on in iCloud and that you're logged into the same iCloud account on both iPhone and iPad. Also, in keychain, you must enable "approve with security code."

Then try a hard restart on both devices, and give it a minute. If it still does not sync, unfortunately I think that you will need to reset your home configuration. I know that is a complete pain, and I feel that pain as I have had to do this a dozen times. I have dozens of devices, and in the end I have determined that it is best to always add devices using one primary iPhone.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Try a couple of things: make sure you have Keychain sync on in iCloud and that you're logged into the same iCloud account on both iPhone and iPad. Also, in keychain, you must enable "approve with security code."

Then try a hard restart on both devices, and give it a minute. If it still does not sync, unfortunately I think that you will need to reset your home configuration. I know that is a complete pain, and I feel that pain as I have had to do this a dozen times. I have dozens of devices, and in the end I have determined that it is best to always add devices using one primary iPhone.

Awesome tips. I'll try your suggestions. To say this has not been a smooth process would be an understatement.

I'm shocked at how difficult it has been to setup and use.

I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW any experience with iDevices thermostat. I'm currently using that one. Haven't decided if it is working ok it not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.