Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poohat1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
London
campesino.jpg

snake2.jpg

im trying to replicate this distinct style of poster, im having problems finding any similar fonts to those used in the above two pics, would value any info on any similar fonts - especially freee ones :)

thanks a lot

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
poohat1000 said:
im trying to replicate this distinct style of poster, im having problems finding any similar fonts to those used in the above two pics, would value any info on any similar fonts - especially freee ones :)

thanks a lot

Post it in this forum, request a typeface ID, but also if there are any similar free fonts out there.

They should be able to point you in the rights directions. ;)

robx2

macrumors member
May 27, 2005
Konspirancy Theory is a pretty good propaganda style font. Soviet is OK, but gets a little too cute trying to look Cyrillic.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
here are a few I found in my library. As you can see I only started to get into the "Bs". Just keep in mind the fonts should be Bold and Condensed whatever you choose to give it the look you need. Almost any serif font like Garamond or Caslon and maybe Goudy can be used but keep in mind the "Look" you want appears to be dark, bold, condensed.

Attachments

• Type.jpg
    Type.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 127

makisushi

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
Northern VA
now for some constructive criticism:eek: ...Display Typefaces like the one you used need some serious kearning.

Do that, I would say you are good to go.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
CanadaRAM said:
One other unasked for constructive criticism -- consider another font for the "putting knowledge into heads" message. It's one thing to evoke a style, but you still want the message to be read and understood...

Looks like a faux-italic to me. Skewed... not a proper italic.

robx2

macrumors member
May 27, 2005
Yeah, I like the poster (glad the font helped) and I think you made a pretty good stab at creating at italic font for Konsp Theory, but work on the kerning issues (might have to break the text apart and do it by hand) and you'll have a much better product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.