Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dockster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Hello guys,

i am a newbie to those betas IPSWs, i have recently upgraded my iPad 2 6.0.1 to iOS 7 Beta 2 (No developer account) by accidentally clicking alt+RESTORE on iTunes instead of alt+CHECK FOR UPDATES!

Now iTunes won't let me downgrade to 6.1.3 knowing that i had previously saved the SHSH Blobs (6.1.3, 5.1.1, 5.0.1)...

What can i possibly do?

Your help is highly appreciated!
Thank you !

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
There's a note which you should have read, saying this:

iOS 7 beta 2
This is a pre-release version of iOS 7 beta for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Devices updated to iOS 7 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007

iOS 7 beta 2
This is a pre-release version of iOS 7 beta for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Devices updated to iOS 7 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS.

Wow- took longer than I thought for the its a beta comment- not helpful,but. You can downgrade via DFU, however you have to fall over to 6.1.3

Northernist

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2013
As said, use DFU mode to restore back to 6.x.... And hopefully you learned your lesson too.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

iOS 7 beta 2

You forgot the comment about not jailbreaking if you don't know what you are doing.

If you are going to diss don't go half way/s

dockster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
The DFU mode won't do much when restoring through iTunes to 6.1.3.

I have tried DFU Restore using redsn0w to 6.1.3, it asks about an earlier version of 4.X and it's SHSH blobs which i don't have or saved!

And no i am not planning to jailbreak if however it works!

Still no clue at this time :( !!!!!!!!!!!!

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Where Judas lost it's boots.
Forget redsnow. You only need iTunes and the iPad in dfu mode.

When it is in dfu mode iTunes will ask to restore it, just click ok and it's done, back to iOS 6.

Don't feed any ipsw to iTunes let it download the latest iOS 6 for your iPad.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
since you still don't get it, stay away from the beta. This is what gives real devs an attitude about non-devs

dockster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Blackburn,

alt+Restore in iTunes or simply hit restore?

What version iTunes is going to download? 6.1.3?

Thank you...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.