Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

florecata

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2015
hi there. i'm new to this forum. i have an iphone 6 that i bought from someone in april. the phone was sealed, i activated the phone, it was all good. last week i had to do a factory reset and since then the phone locked in Vodafone Hungary. I'm from romania and i used this phone with all the carriers out here ( Orange Romania, Vodafone Romania and Telekom Romania) and i didn't have any problem. I called apple support and they told me that the device is locked to Vodafone Hungary and they can't do anything and i should call vodafone. So i did and they told me the buyer didn't pay his bills and they can't unlock it. Can you please refer me a site or someone that can unlock my phone from apple server and arent scams? thank you in advance.

i get this message on the phone and on iTunes (i do not have a backup of the phone):
SIM NOT VALID

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone s from a carrier that is not Supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
hi there. i'm new to this forum. i have an iphone 6 that i bought from someone in april. the phone was sealed, i activated the phone, it was all good. last week i had to do a factory reset and since then the phone locked in Vodafone Hungary. I'm from romania and i used this phone with all the carriers out here ( Orange Romania, Vodafone Romania and Telekom Romania) and i didn't have any problem. I called apple support and they told me that the device is locked to Vodafone Hungary and they can't do anything and i should call vodafone. So i did and they told me the buyer didn't pay his bills and they can't unlock it. Can you please refer me a site or someone that can unlock my phone from apple server and arent scams? thank you in advance.

i get this message on the phone and on iTunes (i do not have a backup of the phone):
SIM NOT VALID

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone s from a carrier that is not Supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

Same situation will occur here in the US with an iPhone which the carrier has locked because of unpaid bills, stolen device, etc. If possible, get hold of the guy you bought the phone from and get your money back would be my advice. Hopefully, if you can't get your money back, you'll be able to find a way to unlock it. One thing you need to be aware of is that Vodafone Hungary probably has locked out the imei of the phone so it may not be possible to unlock it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.