Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celluloidlout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
Athens, Ga
Hello all, I just recently switched and I'm still getting used to mac OS. Anyways, what i'm trying to do is make small video clips for my website. Each video is about 3-5 minuets in length and I'm trying to keep the file size from 6-10mb for this timeframe. In imovie I have tried exporting to "web" and didn't not get good results. The file size is very small...which is nice but the picture is pixelated and grainey. Also, just about all the videos I need to export to .mov are shot with very low lighting which of course also makes for poor quality when exporting to "web" .mov. Lastly, I tried to expert settings and haven't been able to get good quality footage exported without major file sizes. If anyone can help me keep these files under 2mb a minute, a frame size or 180x120, and keep the video extremely sharp I would be forever grateful...imovie doesn't seem to have enough exporting options. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.