Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hank_moody2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
okay so I have iphone 5s IOS 7.0.3 Jailbroken and I would love to upgrade it to IOS 8 or worst case scenario IOS 9.0.1
The reason for that is because I cant live without a jailbreak and itunes latest update doesnt allow jailbreaking yet.
So my question is, is it possible to "semi-update" from ios7 to ios8?
and if so, how can I do that?
and if not, what would you suggest? Other than updating to the latest IOS and waiting for the jailbreak to come out (which could take months -.-)

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
okay so I have iphone 5s IOS 7.0.3 Jailbroken and I would love to upgrade it to IOS 8 or worst case scenario IOS 9.0.1
The reason for that is because I cant live without a jailbreak and itunes latest update doesnt allow jailbreaking yet.
and if not, what would you suggest? Other than updating to the latest IOS and waiting for the jailbreak to come out (which could take months -.-)

I tried doing this in the past, and was not successful, I do not know why but I always got an error.

If you want to try it out on your own risk, go to this link to ios 8.3. I think that was one of the last iOS before the watch came, and before they messed with the music app. You can go up to 9.0.2 I believe, so if you search within the link you can get whichever version you like.

http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios-8.3-final-for-iphone-and-ipad-direct-links/

Again do this at your own risk, if the update does not work you might be forced to go to the newest version. I definitely would not want to wait for a new jailbreak as nobody knows the current status.

hank_moody2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
I tried doing this in the past, and was not successful, I do not know why but I always got an error.

If you want to try it out on your own risk, go to this link to ios 8.3. I think that was one of the last iOS before the watch came, and before they messed with the music app. You can go up to 9.0.2 I believe, so if you search within the link you can get whichever version you like.

http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios-8.3-final-for-iphone-and-ipad-direct-links/

Again do this at your own risk, if the update does not work you might be forced to go to the newest version. I definitely would not want to wait for a new jailbreak as nobody knows the current status.
[doublepost=1455739770][/doublepost]thank you for the reply, I might try it but since its risky Im gonna wait and see if ever theres any other options :p

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011

In short no you can only update to an iOS that is being signed which is iOS 9.2.1

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.