Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cerich01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
I have just landed in Spain, from Canada for a two month stay. I’m trying to set up my Apple TV but have run into a problem that I’m not sure how to handle. The tv here, a Panasonic, does not appear to have an HDMI port, only a USB port. Can I buy a cable that is HDMI on one end for the box and USB on the other end for the TV. Or is there a solution. Thanks so much.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
I have just landed in Spain, from Canada for a two month stay. I’m trying to set up my Apple TV but have run into a problem that I’m not sure how to handle. The tv here, a Panasonic, does not appear to have an HDMI port, only a USB port. Can I buy a cable that is HDMI on one end for the box and USB on the other end for the TV. Or is there a solution.
No, that won't work. Without an HDMI port you're pretty much out of luck unfortunately. There are HDMI to analog video converters, but this is not something you'll typically find in stores. Check carefully on the back and the sides of the TV if there is an HDMI port hiding somewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.