Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frederique88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2023
Hi guys,
Hope youre well.
Decided to join because, well, Ive literally tried everything else, to no avail. I hope someone can help.
Problem - Late 2011 Macbook Pro/High Sierra 10.3.6 no longer connects to projector or TV. Worked great for years now and was working fine up until a few weeks back. Would put the cable in and it would sometimes connect with a little wiggle but not all the time. Cleaned ports and checked cable. Found a few connectors on cable looked flat so bought a new cable - HDMI to Thunderbolt/mini DP. When I connect now it changes the resolution on macbook screen and it detects the TV and projector ok in mirror display settings but neither projector or TV receive signal and display.
I have looked online and tried some things on youtube but still getting nowhere.
I really need the projector for work ASAP so was hoping for some input as Im thinking this is definitely an issue with the mac.
Much appreciated,
Fred
P.S. Thought about trying bootcamp (first time ever) to see if that might help or even start a fresh with a clean OSX install. Not sure if its worth all the hassle and would be any different?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.