Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WarriorLA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
PROBLEM:
h.264 hardware acceleration works like charm but no hevc/h.265 HARDWARE ACCEL decoding/ encoding at all: Very annoying folks.
I already tried:
LILU and WhateverGreen, older and newest Version. No success concerning hevc/h265 hardware acceleration!
Here are all my Macbook Pro details:
MacBook Pro (Retina 13 Zoll, Beginning 2015 - 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5 - 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 - eGPU: Radeon Pro 580 8 GB via Thunderbolt2 using PurgeWrangler always newest version - System: MacOS 10.4.6 (18G1012):
My Video Proc System Status shows as said: h264: fine. h.265 not fine
: My VideoProc Status
Additional useful Infos i might have found:

For Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW decode/encode, need edit AMDRadeonX4250.kext info.plist, copy below settings from AMDRadeonX5000.kext info.plist to fully enable HW HEVC support,
IOGVACodec
IOGVAHEVCDecode
IOGVAHEVCEncode
IOGVAVTCapabilities
The best is create a dummy kext injector (similar to verde.kext method) and place it into Clover/kext/Other folder.
REMARK: After looking inside the plist of my being in use AMDRadeonX4000.kext i saw that those parameters were already inside the plist. So i did not change anything as i am also not able to do so on my own (i do not dare to be clear here)
+ i found additionally: But did not do sth. on my own:

copy the kext (AMDRadeonX5000.kext) from /System/Library/Extensions/ to your desktop and right click on it and select show package contents, then go and find the file named Info.plist and edit it, then you would have to find where it says "<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x68601002" and add "0x66AF1002" before "0x68601002" meaning something like this " <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x66AF1002 0x68601002"
Then download a tool called KextBeast from tonymacx86.com and run it, make sure to select /System/Library/Extensions/ and reboot once completed, then attach the eGPU with the Radeon VII inside.

I can offer:
Any Logs wanted or
Teamviewer session + payment via paypal for anybody who can help me with my problem as i need h.265 for my future business startling in 2020.
please write me an email or a pn me here or pn me at fb: markus zöhrlaut.
Best Markus

Attachments

• Standardwert 2019-12-06 um 15.55.51.png
    Standardwert 2019-12-06 um 15.55.51.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 185

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Can anybody help me with my big issue?
PROBLEM:
h.264 hardware acceleration works like charm but no hevc/h.265 HARDWARE ACCEL decoding/ encoding at all: Very annoying folks.
I already tried:
LILU and WhateverGreen, older and newest Version. No success concerning hevc/h265 hardware acceleration!
Here are all my Macbook Pro details:
MacBook Pro (Retina 13 Zoll, Beginning 2015 - 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5 - 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 - eGPU: Radeon Pro 580 8 GB via Thunderbolt2 using PurgeWrangler always newest version - System: MacOS 10.4.6 (18G1012):
My Video Proc System Status shows as said: h264: fine. h.265 not fine
: My VideoProc Status
Additional useful Infos i might have found:

For Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW decode/encode, need edit AMDRadeonX4250.kext info.plist, copy below settings from AMDRadeonX5000.kext info.plist to fully enable HW HEVC support,
IOGVACodec
IOGVAHEVCDecode
IOGVAHEVCEncode
IOGVAVTCapabilities
The best is create a dummy kext injector (similar to verde.kext method) and place it into Clover/kext/Other folder.
REMARK: After looking inside the plist of my being in use AMDRadeonX4000.kext i saw that those parameters were already inside the plist. So i did not change anything as i am also not able to do so on my own (i do not dare to be clear here)
+ i found additionally: But did not do sth. on my own:

copy the kext (AMDRadeonX5000.kext) from /System/Library/Extensions/ to your desktop and right click on it and select show package contents, then go and find the file named Info.plist and edit it, then you would have to find where it says "<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x68601002" and add "0x66AF1002" before "0x68601002" meaning something like this " <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x66AF1002 0x68601002"
Then download a tool called KextBeast from tonymacx86.com and run it, make sure to select /System/Library/Extensions/ and reboot once completed, then attach the eGPU with the Radeon VII inside.

I can offer:
Any Logs wanted or
Teamviewer session + payment via paypal for anybody who can help me with my problem as i need h.265 for my future business startling in 2020.
please write me an email or a pn me here or pn me at fb: markus zöhrlaut.
Best Markus

Our HWAccel hacktivation should not fit the Macbook.

Your Macbook Pro default to use Intel iGPU Quick Sync, Keep modding those kext / plist won't help anything in your case.

Anyway, the reason that your Mac unable to use HEVC HWAccel because the iGPU doesn't support that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.