Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I get the Tracking Failed message box and it says to turn on Travel Mode to stabilize visuals. But I can't get my eye tracking to stabilize long enough to select Turn on Travel Mode. Any suggestions?

Reactions: HDFan

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
You need to place VP in Travel Mode before plane begins to move. Not sure if that is your case or not.
You are absolutely correct! Fortunately, I was able to finally click Turn on Travel Mode. Otherwise, I think a user is screwed.

Reactions: G5isAlive

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Same experience. I feel like this is a solvable problem using an accessibility feature like triple-click capture button or Digital Crown, or a Shortcut triggered by a focus mode. Auto-detect should be possible when it detects you’re moving 500 mph. Imagine a pop-up “Seems like you’re flying in a plane. Enable Travel Mode?” - you rotate the Digital Crown to select Yes or No, then press to confirm.

Last edited:

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Same experience. I feel like this is a solvable problem using an accessibility feature like triple-click capture button or Digital Crown. Auto-detect should be possible when it detects you’re moving 500 mph. Imagine a pop-up “Seems like you’re flying in a plane. Enable Travel Mode?” - you rotate the Digital Crown to select Yes or No, then press to confirm.
I agree that it would be better if the Travel Mode could be turned on by the Digital Crown. I got lucky finally by tapping.

Reactions: G5isAlive

tengorazon

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
I've had the same problem and agree that clicking on the crown would be a great solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.