Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iScout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
Hello I've had this iPad for like many years, and it has been jailbroken ever since.

Just today I noticed that Cydia, SSBSettings, iFile, and everything app icon obtained from Cydia disappeared from my home screen.

The weird thing is... My iPad is still jailbroken according to iFunBox and Evasion program. I also still see one of the mods I installed previously from Cydia inside some apps (SpeedManager) and it works just like before (its icon is also gone from my homescreen).

How can I restore the icons? I haven't done anything... I assume my device crashed sometime potentially during some times when I would leave my iPad on overnight to run some games and something happened?

I haven't download/installed anything new from Cydia for many months.

iScout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
Have you tried powering it down/off, then turning it back on?
Yep several times. I can actually launch Cydia, SBSettings, iFile and all the other things I had from Cydia for like over a year with Activator too. But the icons just don't appear...

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
I know you've 'powered it off'..... But have you held down the home and power buttons until it has 'hard reset' itself ? If not, that may work. Just a normal hard reset.....

iScout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
I know you've 'powered it off'..... But have you held down the home and power buttons until it has 'hard reset' itself ? If not, that may work. Just a normal hard reset.....
Yes I have done that too several times.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
You might try launching SBSettings and click "More", then scroll down to System Wide Options and select Hide Icons. Check and make sure that the missing icons aren't set to "off".

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hello I've had this iPad for like many years, and it has been jailbroken ever since.

Just today I noticed that Cydia, SSBSettings, iFile, and everything app icon obtained from Cydia disappeared from my home screen.

The weird thing is... My iPad is still jailbroken according to iFunBox and Evasion program. I also still see one of the mods I installed previously from Cydia inside some apps (SpeedManager) and it works just like before (its icon is also gone from my homescreen).

How can I restore the icons? I haven't done anything... I assume my device crashed sometime potentially during some times when I would leave my iPad on overnight to run some games and something happened?

Do you have terminal or OpenSSH installed?

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
If you can launch Cydia and want to stay where you are, IOS I mean of course, than try installing iLexRat...run it...you will get clean jailbroaken device again....

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California

If you can launch Cydia and want to stay where you are, IOS I mean of course, than try installing iLexRat...run it...you will get clean jailbroaken device again....

I'm perplexed as I've ran into that issue before a few times and a hard reset always brought them back. Also, I always had good results with ilex back on 7..... So I agree that is a good way to start fresh again. Hope you get it worked out .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.