Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBOS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
New York, New York
I was trying to install Mavericks on a partition so I can use a Legacy product that I am planing to use for work and is not supported on any OS over 10.9 I made a bootable usb with Mavericks and was ready to install but unfortunately ran in to a issue when I couldn’t find the partition I just made I reset to go back to high Sierra and now I get a question mark. Now my Mac can’t find my main partition. What can I do?

MacBook Pro 2012

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I was trying to install Mavericks on a partition so I can use a Legacy product that I am planing to use for work and is not supported on any OS over 10.9 I made a bootable usb with Mavericks and was ready to install but unfortunately ran in to a issue when I couldn’t find the partition I just made I reset to go back to high Sierra and now I get a question mark. Now my Mac can’t find my main partition. What can I do?

MacBook Pro 2012

I have a feeling you may have accidentally deleted your drive

What does your disk utility or diskutil list from Terminal look like in either Recovery or the Mavericks installer?

MacBOS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
New York, New York

What does your disk utility or diskutil list from Terminal look like in either Recovery or the Mavericks installer?
I haven’t opened terminal yeti did disk utility and it shows everything as ok I’m trying to get back in to recovery mode now to see if I can get any additional info. Not sure but I was thinking that maybe the way Sierra formats the drive doesn’t allow my disk recovery to see it

MacBOS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
New York, New York

That’s exactly what it look like OMFG! I’m such a idiot. This basically means my Mac is empty

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    788.2 KB · Views: 64
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.