Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cerea7ki77a

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2023
Hey everyone,
So my best friends son was in a motorcycle wreck a few days ago. Unfortunately, he passed away just a few hours after getting to the hospital, he wasn’t wearing a helmet.
When the police released his belongings to his mother (my best friend), his cell phone was there. She would like to be able to get the photos off of his phone, she’s hoping to have as many pictures of her son as possible. However, the phone is really busted, but it does vibrate when plugged in although the screen is completely destroyed.
Does anyone know a good program that can extract the photos from the iPhone? Will we need his passcode? We do have it. I don’t think she knows his iCloud info though.
Please if you can think of something, please reply.
Thank you.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
Hey everyone,
So my best friends son was in a motorcycle wreck a few days ago. Unfortunately, he passed away just a few hours after getting to the hospital, he wasn’t wearing a helmet.
When the police released his belongings to his mother (my best friend), his cell phone was there. She would like to be able to get the photos off of his phone, she’s hoping to have as many pictures of her son as possible. However, the phone is really busted, but it does vibrate when plugged in although the screen is completely destroyed.
Does anyone know a good program that can extract the photos from the iPhone? Will we need his passcode? We do have it. I don’t think she knows his iCloud info though.
Please if you can think of something, please reply.
Thank you.
USB flash drive from Amazon?

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
If he had iCloud Photos enabled then you can just sign into iCloud.com, then into their account, and all of their photos/videos will be there. You can even download them ^-^ You said you probably didn't have the info, it doesn't hurt to check to make sure.

But if you absolutely don't know their iCloud info, I'm not sure how to help.

Also, I'm sorry for your/their loss

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I’d suggest putting the phone aside, and having the family work with Apple to gain access to his iCloud. That will take some time; they’ll need to provide documentation as next-of-kin to get that access.

If that gets them the photos they’re looking for, then the phone itself can just be recycled. If for whatever reason he wasn’t uploading photos to iCloud, THEN get someone to look at the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.