Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dekaph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
Phase 2
I'm trying to upload a photo and I get a message that the file is too big - I've reduced it to the smallest JPEG I can. I'm not sure where to search to find this answer.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
I'm using Lightroom Classic - how do I do that? I also have Photos available in Ventura.
Not sure of LR, but in Photos = Command - Shift E on the image you want to export. Choose Custom for Size:

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 3.29.40 PM.png

Lr likely has a similar process. I haven't used it in a long time.

dekaph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
Phase 2
Thanks - I'll give that a shot

Photos in Ventura didn't have the option (at least I couldn't find it) to do a Custom size on the export. the only way I was able to get a different size was to email it to myself and select the size from there. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a better option - I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the support.

Last edited:

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
I'm using Lightroom Classic - how do I do that? I also have Photos available in Ventura.
You can try these instructions to see if that gets you what you need.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK

Photos in Ventura didn't have the option (at least I couldn't find it) to do a Custom size on the export. the only way I was able to get a different size was to email it to myself and select the size from there. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a better option - I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the support.
Preview app has a quick and dirty resize tool from the Menu->Tools if it helps ;)

Cheers :)

Hugh

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
In the Export dialogue box there are spots to limit both file size and dimension. For posting on the web, I typically specify a pixel width and it is almost always sized appropriately for upload, but you can play around in these sections to get resolution you want.

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 5.29.58 PM.jpg

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)

Thanks for the support.
If you use Photos and do an export, the initial pop up will be minimal, but if you expand it out, you’ll get the options to resize.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.