Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needAppTapphelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2022
Hello there,

-- I do not understand a lot of software/jailbreak/coding, so my apologies already at this point --

Recently I bought a used iPhone 2g from ebay. It has AppTapp 3 Installer on it and it seems pretty buggy to me, as the phone is not detected by iTunes neither can it be restored by itself. It also does not react when connecting to a charger (no sound or charging symbol feedback), the battery however does take charge. Now, I would like to remove AppTapp but the problem is that the iPhone won't enter DFU mode (tried all the combinations with pressing/holding buttons) and I don`t know how to proceed. It still is installed IOS 1.1.4 and I would love to maintain this nostalgic IOS version, thus, resetting the iPhone without updating it would be the preferred solution.

I really hope somebody out there can help me, I would appreciate it soo much!! :)

Warm regards from Germany

caseybrazy

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2022
Hello there,

-- I do not understand a lot of software/jailbreak/coding, so my apologies already at this point --

Recently I bought a used iPhone 2g from ebay. It has AppTapp 3 Installer on it and it seems pretty buggy to me, as the phone is not detected by iTunes neither can it be restored by itself. It also does not react when connecting to a charger (no sound or charging symbol feedback), the battery however does take charge. Now, I would like to remove AppTapp but the problem is that the iPhone won't enter DFU mode (tried all the combinations with pressing/holding buttons) and I don`t know how to proceed. It still is installed IOS 1.1.4 and I would love to maintain this nostalgic IOS version, thus, resetting the iPhone without updating it would be the preferred solution.

I really hope somebody out there can help me, I would appreciate it soo much!! :)

Warm regards from Germany
I'm in a similar situation, i have also bought an iPhone 2G (on 1.1.4) on ebay and it's also jailbroken with AppTapp. Did you find a way to restore it?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I have the same question - again (my previous post #2). What is this iPhone that you are calling an iPhone 2G?
There is no "official" iPhone model 2G.
There's an iPhone. Followed by the iPhone 3G. There is no 2G.
Maybe you have a fake of some kind?

Last edited:

miky_tara

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2023
Hello, I have the same requesy
I have the same question - again (my previous post #2). What is this iPhone that you are calling an iPhone 2G?
There is no "official" iPhone model 2G.
There's an iPhone. Followed by the iPhone 3G. There is no 2G.
Maybe you have a fake of some kind?
Hello, he meant iPhone (the first iPhone).
I have the same request, is it possible to remove the AppTapp installer keeping the iOS 1.1.4?
Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.