Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ditangquanzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2020
I’ve searched and cannot find a way to remove an autocomplete in my iPad’s safari. globenewswire.com (lord knows where it came from) now always autopopulates when I type glob for globalpoker.com. Its extremely annoying. You’d think Apple would have something easy but I guess its beyond me or my google searches. I’ve checked for existing links and website data, nothing exists, just this stupid site in autocomplete.

thanks in advance.

ditangquanzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2020
In settings for Safari, turn off Search Engine and Safari Suggestions.
It still comes up like an unflushable turd. Anyway, wouldn’t this technically require me to fully type in my url? I still want autocomplete, just need this junk site destroyed,

thanks.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
It still comes up like an unflushable turd. Anyway, wouldn’t this technically require me to fully type in my url? I still want autocomplete, just need this junk site destroyed,

thanks.

If I were to adjudicate witch of of these two sites deserves the “junk“ title, I would without hesitation grant it to the Poker site.

In any case, I have a feeling autocomplete simply shows the first alphabetically matching site from your history.
Have you tried deleting your history, cookies and website data?

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
I still want autocomplete, just need this junk site destroyed,

Also, what do you mean with “autocomplete”?
Safari suggestions are not the same thing as Auto Fill. There are separate settings for these.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.