Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Macbookster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
I was wondering, I am going to be getting a Macbook and i didn't know of any games that could be run on it. I know Apple isn't for gaming but whatever. Here is the stuff that i'm getting: $1099 model with 1gb RAM, 80GB hard drive, 2GHz.
The games that i am mostly intersted in is: Call of Duty2,3 Battlefield2 Modern Combat, any other good shooting games. tell me how good they are and if theyre choppy or good or whatever. THANKS.:)

phanboyjohn

macrumors member
May 18, 2007
I havent played those specific games, but if you're an FPS lover, I'd steer clear of the MacBook. I love mine dearly, but even with 2 GB of RAM and a 160 GB hard drive, I can't run a lot of stuff. 2 GB makes Civ IV nice, but the Sims 2 is still a little slow, and in general I stick to older games (and definitely no/few graphically-intensive games) as a result. The problem is the lack of a dedicated graphics card.

I'm a dedicated switcher, seriously, but if gaming is a priority, shell out for a MacBook Pro (and put Boot Camp on it) or just build your own desktop to use for your own games. That's my two cents, others may have had better experiences with games on a MacBook.

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
It's also worth doing a google search whenever you've got specific games in mind - if it plays on a MB, you'll find it!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.