Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
So today I went to use the Square app (and card reader) to accept a payment from a friend for some things I sold him. It got to the signature screen and it looked like this:

PPIQG.png

Instead of the normal signature screen, and when he went to sign it the app just crashed. Well after trying a few times he finally just sent me a PayPal payment instead, but I've been messing around with it at home and I kept repeating the same error. Finally I decided to put my iPhone into Safe Mode and it worked just fine. Which of course leads me to think that it's a Cydia pkg causing the issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

EDIT: Yay! I figured out which tweak was causing the issue: TVOut2. If I turn it off in SBSettings it works like a charm.

Last edited:

Shawnpk

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I was having an issue with the Square app the other day on a Verizon iPhone. I sent an email to support and was told the app now only works with the latest build of iOS. I was on 4.2.6 and after I updated to 4.2.10, everything worked fine.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
I was having an issue with the Square app the other day on a Verizon iPhone. I sent an email to support and was told the app now only works with the latest build of iOS. I was on 4.2.6 and after I updated to 4.2.10, everything worked fine.

Interesting, as per my edit above, I also figured out that it was TVOut2 that was causing the issue in my case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.