Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsyaboybj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
So I want to sell my T-Mobile iPhone 5S ASAP. As soon as the new restock of the iPhone 6Plus comes in. My situation is, I have an iPhone 5S that is under a "contract-free" plan with T-Mobile.

Heres my plan.
So basically I pay month-to-month for the iPhone. Now my plan right now is to sell the iPhone 5S to someone (probably on eBay). So when I receive the payment, I am going to pay for the "deductible fee" for "losing my iPhone." So as soon as I get the new iPhone 6, will something to the iPhone 5S that i sold?

Will there be some kind of complication with the 5S & the person that bought the phone? Will the iPhone shut off or something? Please respond back to me ASAP on my email

winterton

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Do you mean that you're on a contract free plan and you financed your phone through TMobile? Why don't you just pay off the rest of your phone in full, no "lost phone" shenanigans? There should be a separate button on the site to make equipment payments.

itsyaboybj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
I would, but i do not have the full payment in my wallet thats why. I was kinda being sneaky about it, but i wonder what would be the outcome of the iPhone that i sold to.. would there be any effect or what not... but i'll play it safe..

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I would, but i do not have the full payment in my wallet thats why. I was kinda being sneaky about it, but i wonder what would be the outcome of the iPhone that i sold to.. would there be any effect or what not... but i'll play it safe..

Yes, the phone then becomes blacklisted and will not work on any US carrier.
Being sneaky about it doesn't always pay off. If your wallet cannot handle it then don't buy something that you cannot afford.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.