Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
So I tried to join in the fun today and order an iPhone 15 Plus, on the Barclays 0% credit thingy... it froze for ages at first before saying there's an error, try again, so I did, and same happened, just got the spinning wheel for like 20 minutes before it timed out... so I thought ok fine I will leave it for today, maybe try again tomorrow.

But later on I got an email from Barclays Partner Finance with details of my credit agreement?? But no order confirmation from Apple, and no pending orders on my account...!

Surely they won't start taking money from my account with no valid Apple order?

Reactions: ConvertedToMac

Kr0n05K!ngR

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2023
Call the bank and speak to customer service, no one here can help you if you have an erroneous credit agreement, you need to deal with your bank.

The thing to remember, allot of these processes are automated, meaning, if there is a bug, you have to jump on it to avoid problems!

I would recommend you contact Barclays ASAP with an email at minimum, or from your contact centre. Then you have at least reported a problem, and can avoid potential charges.

Credit agreements even in error should not be left, it can and often does leave a blemish on your record, which can take ages to get rid of!

Reactions: martin2345uk

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
So Barclays say that I have 2 orders with Apple and I should cancel the first one and just keep the second one. But the order number they give me doesn't exist according to Apple. I guess that makes sense as it never "went through" and I got no confirmation from Apple. But how they have got the order number I don't know?? No idea what to do now!

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
This must happen all the time with the servers getting overloaded due to the pre-orders. Glad you got your issue resolved!

Reactions: martin2345uk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.